June 27, 2016 - Geofencing with Côr Home Automation
Geofencing Allows Homeowner Precise Control. Geofencing defines a virtual perimeter around a real-world location. With the Côr Home Automation Location Services feature, a homeowner can use a virtual boundary around the home in order to create a list of actions associated with it.
For instance, a homeowner can use the location feature on their smartphone in order to enlist a series of responses from their Côr Home Automation hub. Consider this, when a family crosses the geofence/boundary on their way home, their porch light turns on and the garage opens. When the homeowner leaves in the morning, the Location Services feature on the app makes sure the doors are locked and the garage door is closed once the specified smartphone crosses the boundary.
Geofencing uses the homeowner’s smartphone to sense their approach or departure, triggering a series of convenient automations saving time and hassle while enhancing security and peace of mind.
- Never forget to lock your doors or turn off your lights.
- Saves time and effort by eliminating the need to drive back to check if garage door is closed.
- Your smartphone provides live status of locks, doors and lights at any time.
- Save energy by programming your system to use resources only when needed.
- Hassle-free security and peace of mind for the homeowner.
- Learn more and download the Côr Home Automation brochure here.
June 20, 2016 - Bryant® FZ Preferred™ Series Fan Coil
Two-Stage Operation in a Smaller Cabinet Creates Options. The Bryant FZ Preferred Series fan coil allows for a higher SEER, two-stage option in a smaller space than previously available, creating a more energy-efficient unit that offers versatile installation options. Features of the FZ fan coil include two-stage blower operation, wider airflow range and lower continuous airflow option than FB4C and FX4D fan coils, and single and two-stage outdoor unit compatibility.
In addition, the FZ Preferred Series fan coil utilizes the latest in electronic commutation motor (ECM) technology through the use of high efficiency, multi-tap ECM motors, allowing reliable air delivery with increased static pressure. Homeowner benefits of the FZ Performance Series fan coil:
- Up to 3.5” narrower and up to 6” shorter than the Bryant FV fan coil to be better suited for tight applications.
- Two-speed airflow for active and passive dehumidification.
- Low continuous airflow option includes yearly national average energy savings of $1171 for the FZ fan coil vs. the FB fan coil when running in continuous fan airflow. 1Based on 11.06 cents/Kwh
- Low continuous airflow option results in 6-10dB sound reduction vs FB fan coil.
May 31, 2016 - Benefits of Bryant Dehumidification
Bryant Perfect Humidity technology actively controls both temperature and humidity in your home to maximize your comfort, all year long. Perfect Humidity technology from Bryant has the unique capability to provide humidity control independent of heating or cooling demand to provide truly superior indoor comfort and energy savings.
Indoor humidity control is important because too much or too little moisture influences your comfort, your health, and the condition of your home’s interior and furnishings. During the heating season, low humidity can cause dry skin and nasal passages, growth of bacteria and viruses, static electricity, damaged woodwork and more. Moisture evaporating from your skin makes you feel cooler than normal. During the cooling season, high humidity allows faster growth of bacteria, viruses, dust mites, mold and mildew; it causes painted surfaces to peel and woodwork to warp, buckle and rot; and it makes you feel hot and sticky. In addition, high humidity creates stagnate, musty odors. Bryant Perfect Humidity technology minimizes these problems by maintaining proper humidity levels, allowing you to feel more comfortable all year long. Homeowner benefits of system dehumidification:
- Better comfort, helps eliminate cold/clammy feeling.
- Helps prevent allergies and dust mites.
- Reduces stagnate, musty odors.
- Helps protect home investments by preventing wood warping, metal rusting.
- Avoids condensation.
- Precludes mold and mildew growth.
- Can save energy by lowering cooling set-points and raising heating set-points because indoor air with proper humidity is more comfortable.