Aeroseal Air Duct Sealing, Air Leak and Insulation
As Building Envelope Specialists we are devoted to solutions that prevent air leakage throughout your whole home, even the inside unconditioned spaces. KY Energy Pro is an Aeroseal air duct certified contractor. A series of government reports have shown that air duct sealing can lead to up to $850 in energy savings per year. Some homeowners have saved up to 40% on their energy bill. KY Energy Pro is qualified to offer a program from the EPA called “Duct Investor”. We take a comprehensive list of variables and provide you with the best available estimate of what you should realize in cost savings by sealing cracks or holes in your duct system.
When you purchase air duct sealing, we perform a pre-seal test to measure air leakage in your duct system as a baseline.
- Your registers are blocked off with foam or plastic.
- A UL tested and approved aerosol is injected into the duct system.
- Since the air has no place to go except out through the leaks (the registers are blocked), the sealant material is deposited precisely at the air duct holes or cracks where leakage occurs.
- Holes and cracks up to 5/8ths of an inch wide can be completely sealed.
- A computer and sensors are used to measure and control the progress.
- A post-seal test is then performed to measure improvements.
- A complete report and certificate is provided as a record of the improvements.
- Homeowners can expect up to 90% improvement in air duct leakage with this system.
- Aeroseal is backed by a 10 Year Warranty on the seals created in application.
You can see a water leak, but air leaks are invisible and do just as much damage over time. Air leaking and improper insulation causes too cold or too hot rooms, poor air quality, stress to your HVAC system, and moisture damage or pest. We will check for air leaks in the common trouble spots in your home, and we’ll let you know if your attic insulation is up to code. Often, homes that are 10 years old may need more insulation.
The insulation code standard for Louisville, Kentucky is a minimum of – R38 in an attic with 3-4 inches of existing insulation, un-insulated attic is R38 to R60. Floor insulation should be R25 to R30. Improperly insulted attics, floors, basements, walls or crawlspaces stress your heating and air conditioning system and cause a moisture imbalance. Sealing air leaks and installing the proper level of insulation throughout your home contribute to your comfort, performance of your heating and air conditioning system, energy consumption and future maintenance and value of your home.
KY Energy PRO specializes in all types of insulation, fiberglass, cellouse and spray foam polyurethane. Learn More.