Duct Sealing and Insulation in Louisville, La Grange, Shepherdsville, KY and New Albany, Indiana
Air leaks can happen in many areas of your home. KY Energy Pro, Inc. is a BPI Building Envelope Specialist, and we can help you understand your home’s envelope and overall energy performance. As your HVAC system distributes conditioned air throughout your home, it loses about 20 percent of it via leaky ductwork. As a result, you have difficulty keeping your home comfortable and receive higher energy bills. Our team of service techs can seal and insulate your ducts so that your home maximizes energy efficiency.
Aeroseal Duct Sealing Service in Louisville, KY, and Surrounding Area
Your home has poorly insulated, leaky or inefficient ducts if you have:
- High summer and winter utility bills.
- Stuffy rooms that never feel comfortable.
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool.
- Tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system.
Ducts often sit in hidden places like behind walls, above ceilings and in basements. As a result, repairing them can be difficult. That’s why you need professional assistance. KY Energy Pro, Inc. uses Aeroseal Duct Sealing to seal ductwork from the inside.
Our service techs use computer-based tools to examine and evaluate your home’s ductwork. We then use Aeroseal Duct Sealing to inject a fine mist of adhesive particles into it. The particles travel through the ductwork, attaching to any holes or cracks to seal it tightly. Once we complete the sealing process, we’ll verify the results, and you’ll receive an Aeroseal Duct Sealing certificate highlighting them. We offer a 10-year guarantee for residential home air duct sealing. Our customers report great reductions in their energy bills.
The 6-step Aeroseal process is fast and gives you great savings and comfort:
- We cover the wall registers so air only escapes through the leaks.
- We inject sealant into the ductwork for about one hour or less.
- Small aerosol particles stay suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement.
- As the air stream exits through a leak, the particles adhere to the leak edges.
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material still in the ductwork.
- A computer-generated analysis summarizes your home’s amount of leakage and verifies the success of the process.
Air Leak Sealing and Insulation in Louisville, KY, and Surrounding Area
Leaky ductwork can have a significant impact on your home’s energy efficiency. But other areas within the home can leak conditioned air and let outdoor air enter. Here are some common areas that might need air leak sealing and insulation:
- Windows and doors.
- Behind knee walls.
- Wiring holes.
- Attic and attic hatch.
- Open soffit (the box that hides the recessed lights).
- Plumbing vent.
- Furnace flue or duct chaseway (the hollow box or wall feature that hides ducts).
- Recessed lights.
- Basement rim joists (where the foundation meets the wood framing).
We offer a variety of products for air leak sealing, and each option offers a specific level of R-value, durability and cost. Our insulation options include caulking, foam blocking, rigid foam, spray foam, loose fill, blown in, and batt and roll. We perform every job with professionalism, and we’re honest and knowledgeable with our customers.
Home Energy Analysis in Louisville, KY, and the Surrounding Area
While we’re a RESNET Certified Energy Rater and a BPI Building Performance Analyst, we want you to know about the affordable option of scheduling a home performance evaluation through Duke Energy and Louisville Gas & Electric. The on-site Home Energy Analysis is performed by a certified professional. Their provider will inspect your home’s thermal envelope and provide you with tools and tips to improve it for efficiency. We provide our duct sealing and insulation services to these and the surrounding areas:
- La Grange, KY
- Louisville, KY
- Mount Washington, KY
- Shepherdsville, KY
- New Albany, IN
Want to improve the energy efficiency of your home? Contact us today. We’re a family-owned and Spanish-speaking company that performs drug tests and background checks on our employees. We stand behind our work with a one-year workmanship guarantee.